Information Required for Submission
INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR SUBMISSION
The following information will be required for all entries. Entries with missing information will not be accepted.
- Name of structure
- Address of structure (city, state, zip)
- For each of the following: contact’s name, address, city, state, zip, phone, fax, and email
- Submitter (who will be the primary contact and receive all correspondence related to the entry)
- Engineer of record
- Structure owner
- General contractor
- Precast specialty engineer (if applicable)
- Entry category and code (see Table 1)
- Project description (open text box)
- Total project cost, cost per square foot, and cost of the precast concrete (optional)
- Schedule information, if pertinent to the project (project timeline from design to occupancy; total time for design, construction, road closure for bridges, and the like)
- Summary of key design challenges
- Summary of innovations or accomplishments using precast concrete
Transportation Structures, additional information
- Type of bridge
- Overall length of bridge
- Overall width of bridge
- Total area of deck or wall
- Number of spans and their lengths
- Skews of the supports, measures from a line normal to the bridge centerline
- Radius of horizontal curve
- Predominant grade in percent
- Number of lanes
- List and quantity of precast concrete components used
TO MAKE A SUBMISSION
To begin the submission process, click on the “Go to the Submissions site” below and complete the following steps:
- Enter required information electronically on submission site.
- Complete the PHOTO PERMISSION SHEET(S) and COPYRIGHT FORM. These sheets may be downloaded from the above menu. Completed forms must be uploaded to the submission site by the submission deadline.
- Upload required photos (please review photography information below).
- Upload additional files such as drawings, details, etc.
Once you make a submission, you will be emailed a password to use when accessing your submission. You will be able to go back to your submission and update it anytime until the submission deadline of May 21, 2012. After the deadline, all submissions will be moved into the judging phase and will not be accessible.
All entries must submit electronically a minimum of four photos of the completed project. Construction and fabrication photographs, as well as sections or elevations, are encouraged and can help describe complex issues or scheduling sequences. All photos should have as high a resolution as possible because they will be printed at 300 dpi or higher. This means a resolution of at least 900x1200 pixels for a 3 in. or 4 in. photograph. Each photograph should have a caption describing the features shown. There is an entry field for captions under each image upload field on the submission site. The photographs need to be submitted as jpg, tif, or equivalent files. Photographs pasted into Microsoft Word cannot be used.
Please remember that photographs are very important, as they are the only visual representation of the projects that the judges will see. They are also important in highlighting aesthetic features, publicizing winners, and featuring non-winning projects in subsequent venues.
Award winners will be notified by late July 2012.